Welcome to Amnesty International Aotearoa NZ's newsroom. Our Media Team assists journalists with queries and arranges access to relevant and timely reports, background documents, commentary and interviews with spokespeople.
Depending on the nature of the query, the time of day and the deadline, journalists in New Zealand may be directed to Amnesty International issue experts somewhere else in the world. However, the Media Team in NZ is available round the clock and should be used as the first point of contact for all media enquiries.
Latest media releases
Click here to see our latest media releases.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are a media worker who would like to recieve all of our media releases automatically.
Join our Media Network
The AIANZ Media Network brings together media workers who are interested in human rights. Its goals are to:
- Promote freedom of expression;
- Provide information to media workers about human rights issues within New Zealand, the Asia-Pacific region, and globally;
- Increase media coverage of human rights issues in New Zealand and Pacific media;
- Offer members opportunities to take action on behalf of journalists and other media workers at risk;
- Function as a platform where members can share knowledge and opinions on human rights issues.
Media Network e-News is sent roughly every six weeks which updates members on latest news of interest, events, and appeal cases of media workers at risk.
To join the Media Network, or receive the latest issue of Media Network e-News, please email email@example.com
Contact our Media Team
For all media enquiries please contact the Media & Communications Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or +64 9 303 4526