Volunteer Regional Organiser
Do you want to give your time to make the world a better place? Are you organised, enthusiastic and great with people?
We’re always looking for volunteers around the country to be regional organisers who will work together to support Amnesty International’s community of volunteers. These amazing leaders will aid and support and encourage other volunteers in their communities to take action for human rights, run events, meet with decision makers and advocate to defend people’s rights. People from any age and from any region can apply, we need young and old, urban and rural, experienced and newbies!
Benefits of being a volunteer regional organiser include:
- Being part of an amazing community, defending human rights and championing a good cause.
- Financial support to attend our inspiring annual trainings and meetings
- Training by international experts on community organising
- Learning all about our style of campaigning, advocacy and human rights work
What we ask of you:
- Around 8 hours a month of your time
- Being a support person for other volunteers in your community
- Monthly calls with other organisers to share experience and plan for more action
- Twice monthly coaching catch-up with the Community Manager
- Organise one annual event for all ages of the Amnesty Community in your region
If this sounds like you apply with either your CV and a cover letter or a good letter telling us why you’d be perfect in this volunteer role.