Amnesty International is the voice of freedom for thousands of people around the world. For 50 years, we’ve stayed fully independent of any government, political ideology, economic interest or religion.
All our programmes, policies, and operations are non-partisan. We criticise and applaud objectively.
Our funding comes from individuals across New Zealand who believe a better world is possible. All of our financial decisions are guided by an elected board. Amnesty International is member-based.
As a member of Amnesty International, you:
- enable New Zealanders to take action whenever and wherever there is a human rights crisis
- ensure that our Government meets its international human rights obligations
- protect human rights in New Zealand and overseas through advocacy and public action
- support local human rights defenders in their activities
- support human rights education programmes in schools through information, resources and speakers.
Globally, we are a movement of over 7 million individuals who protect human dignity and defend human rights. Supporters like you:
- work with local human rights defenders around the world
- support extensive field research in areas experiencing human rights violations
- send observers to volatile regions to monitor war crimes and crimes against humanity
- publish and translate reports and other media to optimise awareness of our campaigns worldwide
- advocate at the United Nations and other global forums.
You can see our audited financial statements and any other filings with the charity commission using our registration number: CC35331
We are proud of how we manage our member’s money.